WHAT EXACTLY IS A PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM?
A personal injury claim is very simply a claim asserted by an individual who has been injured due to another person's carelessness or wrongdoing. When one person suffers harm from an accident and someone else is legally responsible for the harm, then the injured person may assert a personal injury claim. The law allows a person to recover for losses such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, inconvenience, future medical expenses, scarring, etc.
Clients often ask, “If I file a claim does that mean that I have to go to court”? The vast majority of cases settle prior to trial. However, it has been our experience that fair value is normally not paid by the insurance company unless suit is filed and the case is prepared for trial.
We represent clients in many different types of accident cases including:
- car accidents
- truck accidents
- motorcycle accidents
- pedestrian accidents
- bicycle accidents
- premises liability
- workplace injuries
- defective products -
- insurance claims
- wrongful death
Examples of some of the cases we have handled recently include:
- automobile wreck causing our client to sustain a mild traumatic brain injury;
- claim against the driver of an automobile who struck our client who was a pedestrian
- causing permanent and disabling injuries;
- claim against a corporation that failed to take care of their premises causing our client to fall and injure her knee, requiring multiple knee surgeries;
- claim against a tractor trailer driver as a result of his truck rear ending our clients car, causing a severe brain injury;
- auto accident where our client sustained multiple broken bones and was out of work for months
If you have been injured in any type of accident, please do not hesitate to call our firm and schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.